Options-Based School for 7th & 8th Grade
This school offers an educational experience that prioritizes relationships and social-emotional development.
Academic opportunities are more individualized, and the smaller school setting provides a greater potential for growth relating to the whole child.
Roberts Middle School at Riverfront is the alternative middle school in SKSD. If you would like to apply, click on the button below and complete the application. You can also call Lisa McIntyre at 503-399-3205 for more information.
Roberts MS @ Riverfront offers:
- Integrated Curriculum
- Enrichment within and beyond the classroom
- Student voice
- Restorative practices
- Personalized learning with curriculum focused on self-advocacy and esteem, individual growth, community involvement, and community citizenship.
Roberts MS @ Riverfront is for:
- Students who desire a smaller school setting.
- Students who need a more supported social setting.
- Students who need to learn more about self-regulation skills.
- Students looking for different educational approaches.
- Students who need time and space from their current school environment in order to reset and rebuild healthy social interactions.
- Students who need a more personalized educational approach (not necessarily IEP) with individualized learning opportunities.
- Would benefit from focused and supportive staff relationships.
Apply for the 2023-24 School Year at Roberts Middle School
We are at capacity!
Roberts Middle School has reached our enrollment capacity and are starting a waiting list. Applications will be held until there is a space.
- Can I play sports at my home middle school?
- If I am accepted and want to return to my home middle school at the end of the trimester, can I?
- When it’s time to get ready for high school, do I have to go to Roberts High School? Can I go to my neighborhood high school?
- Will Roberts @ Riverfront offer PE classes? What about electives?
- Will there be district transportation available for Roberts MS @ Riverfront?