Roberts Middle School at Riverfront.
Options-Based School for 7th & 8th Grade
This school will offer an educational experience that prioritizes relationships and social-emotional development. Academic opportunities are more individualized, and the smaller school setting provides a greater potential for growth relating to the whole child.
Roberts Middle School at Riverfront is a brand new school for SKSD. If you would like to join us, click on the button below and fill out the form.
Roberts MS @ Riverfront will offer:
- Integrated Curriculum
- Enrichment within and beyond the classroom
- Student voice
- Restorative practices
- Personalized learning with curriculum focused on self advocacy and esteem, individual growth, community involvement, and community citizenship.
Roberts MS @ Riverfront is for:
- Students who desire a smaller school setting.
- Students who need a more supported social setting.
- Students who need to learn self-regulation skills.
- Students looking for different educational approaches.
- Students who need time and space from their current school environment in order to reset and rebuild healthy social interactions.
- Students who need a more personalized educational approach (not necessarily IEP) with individualized learning opportunities.
- Would benefit from focused and supportive staff relationships.
Apply for the 2023-24 School Year at Roberts Middle School2023-24 Application Form
Yes, we would have to coordinate with the homeschool on the schedule and the family would likely need to provide transportation.
Yes, if you find Roberts MS is not what you were looking for, you can absolutely return at the natural break of the end of the trimester.
When it’s time to get ready for high school, do I have to go to Roberts High School? Can I go to my neighborhood high school?
You will have the choice of enrolling at Roberts HS @ Chemeketa or your neighborhood high school.
We will not be able to offer PE in the traditional sense, however, we will have an activity room and opportunities for movement for students who need that.
We will be offering electives in the form of Paxton Patterson, which is a hands-on, Career Technical Education based curriculum.
Yes, and the final details are still being ironed out. For example, students may need to get to their neighborhood school and one bus will run from there.
Roberts Middle School at Riverfront Schedule
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
9:35am – 3:35pm
Wednesdays Late Start
10:35am – 3:35pm