Accelerated Block Learning Schedule
Part of Roberts High School, this program is located at the Salem
Site Administrator – Paul Sell
Behavior Specialist – Adam Banducci
Counselor – Jodi Iverson
Please contact your high school counselor if you are interested in Connections:
What is Connections?
Connections is an alternative education program with small class sizes, credit recovery opportunities, career/tech opportunities, and online options for 10th-12th grade students. Connections offers students a strong support system including highly qualified teachers, and compassionate and supportive staff. Connections has a low student to staff ratio, and extra supports for reading, math, ELL and SPED students. Students may attend connections beginning sophomore year, and can graduate from the program. Students who are interested in attending Connections may also chose to attend CTEC for additional educational and career opportunities.
Criteria to Enroll
Students accepted into the program will need to meet some of the following criteria:
- Student is behind in credits.
- Student is struggling to succeed in a typical high school setting.
- Student wants to get back on track for graduation.
- Student demonstrates respectful behavior and is actively seeking ways to correct any previous behavior issues.
- Student should ask counselor or grad coach to submit an application on their behalf.
- A review team screens applications for eligibility.
- Student will attend an interview with Connections staff.
- Student will receive a phone call from the office either accepting or declining the application.