Military College, Academies, and ROTC
Below is a list of a variety of different kinds of military colleges available in the United States, from junior two-year colleges to the federal military academies. Services Academies by the Numbers from Today's Military website.
Military Junior Colleges (ROTC)
Five institutions are considered Military junior colleges. These four schools participate in the Army's two-year Early Commissioning Program (ECP), an Army ROTC program in which qualified students can earn a commission as a Second Lieutenant after only two years of college. The four Military Junior Colleges are:
• Valley Forge Military Academy and College in Wayne, Pennsylvania
• New Mexico Military Institute in Roswell, in New Mexico
• Marion Military Institute in Marion, Alabama
• Georgia Military College in Milledgeville, Georgia)
State-Supported Maritime Colleges and Universities
Students at these academies are military academy cadets, and graduate with appropriate licenses from the U.S. Coast Guard and/or U.S. Merchant Marine, with an option to become a commissioned reserve officers with the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, or the U.S. Marine Corps.
• California Maritime Academy in Vallejo, California
• Great Lakes Maritime Academy, in Traverse City, Michigan; is a part of Northwestern Michigan College
• State University of New York Maritime College in Bronx, New York
• Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, Maine
• Massachusetts Maritime Academy in Bourne, Massachusetts
• United States Merchant Marine Academy in Nassau County, New York
• Texas A&M Maritime Academy, in Galveston, Texas; is a division of Texas A&M University at Galveston
Federal Service Academies
- United States Military Academy West Point in West Point, New York
- United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland
- United States Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut
- United States Merchant Marine Academy Kings Point in Kings Point, New York
- United States Air Force Academy near Colorado Springs, Colorado
Only 25% of students who begin the military process are accepted. Do these next steps in Junior year. Keep your options open.