ROBERTS HIGH SCHOOL
We do whatever it takes to empower all students to grow into positive and contributing world citizens.
Sophomores in Salem-Keizer who need to make up core 9th grade classes (language arts, math, science, and social studies) can get back on track. The goal is for students to end the 10th grade on track, ready to succeed in the 11th grade. This will put them on target to graduate with their class. Sophomore Connections is a year-long program that includes career education and setting post-secondary goals. Students leave the program with a long-term plan for their future.
* Student earned less than three credits in the 9th grade.
* Student failed several core classes in the 9th grade.
* Student has a good to excellent attendance record.
* Student demonstrates respectful behavior.
* Student has difficulty managing a lot of classes in one day.
* Ask your counselor to submit an application.
* A review team screens applications for eligibility.
* District staff contacts students who qualify to set up a meeting.
Before enrollment is final, students meet with staff to discuss expectations.
SK Online provides high school courses via the internet as an alternative to traditional high school for reasons of acceleration, medical issues, or other considerations. Students may take pass/no pass courses to recover lost credits. Students may also take letter-graded courses if they wish to continue their education beyond high school. Student may also work ahead a semester to allow for early graduation.
* IEP Students
* 9-12 grade students on track to graduate
* 10th grade or above reading level
* Has computer access with a reliable broadband internet connection (at home)
* Good attendance
* ELL students must transition – Woodcock Muñoz Level (should be 3 or 4)
* Self motivated
* Microsoft Word or office software required
* Take online readiness survey
Read 180 and face-to-face instruction help students reach the reading levels necessary for success in GED or Credit Link Programs. Students can strengthen their reading skills prior to entry into GED or Credit Link.
2015 All Rights Reserved (c) Roberts High School | 503.399.5550 | Main Campus: 3620 State Street Salem Oregon 97301